Gradebook Management Site Features and Enhancements
Add a Display Name for the IEP Column
With the Demographic Fields settings, you can rename the IEP column so that it represents other types of documents, such as 504s.
To add a display name for the IEP column, do the following:
- On the side-navigation menu, click General Settings > Demographic Fields.
- Type a name into the Display IEP as box, and then click Save.
More Control Over Contact Details
Using the Contact Fields settings in the Gradebook Management site, you can control the visibility of Contact Details in the Student View. In addition, you can select which Contact Relationships (Mother, Father, etc.) and Contact Fields are included.
When Show Contact Details is selected, the Student View includes a Contact Details group box and a Contact tab for each selected Contact Relationship. The Contact Details group box displays the e-mail address and mobile phone number for each selected Contact Relationship. The Contact tabs contain the Selected Fields.
Show Office Daily and/or Period Attendance
The Gradebook Manager can control which office attendance columns appear in the gradebook.
To manage the visibility of office attendance, do the following:
- On the side-navigation menu, click General Settings > Attendance.
- In the Allow Teachers to View Office Attendance group box, select Office Daily and/or Office Period, and then click Save.
Consolidated Default and Custom Report Libraries
TeacherPlus Gradebook Features and Enhancements
Updates to the Gradebook Menu
- Moved the Marking Period to be above the Course Name
- Changed the Hide Header icon
- Updated Quick Entry to an open search field
- Moved column information to be above the gradebook columns
- Grouped Attendance, Annotation, and Thin Column Mode together as On/Off toggle buttons.
- Moved the Reload icon to the Gradebook Menu
Updates to Shortcut Menus
The shortcut menus that open when you right-click on the gradebook have been organized and given a new color scheme to provide more contrast.
Consolidated the Settings Menu
The Settings menu has tabs for General Settings and other View Settings (Sort Columns, Header Rows, Gradebooks).
Customize the Gradebook Order
Teachers can customize the order their gradebooks appear in the Gradebook Menu:
- On the side-navigation menu, click Settings, and then click the Gradebooks tab.
- In the gradebooks table, click, drag, and drop the gradebooks into any order, and then click Save.
Updates to the Progress Report Settings Dialog Box
The Progress Report Settings dialog box has been organized to show the items in the order they appear on the Progress report.
For each box under Print Which Boxes, you can select specific criteria by clicking (icon). For example, these are the options for Marking Periods, Sem, Final Average & Exams:
Updates to Message Pop-ups
Warnings, Confirmation, and Information messages in the Gradebook follow a new color scheme and format.
Other Minor Enhancements
- The Gradebook Management site navigation menu remains accessible when the window size is reduced.
- The Gradebook Management site no longer opens to the Column/Category Settings page.
- Teachers can add exam columns from the shortcut menu in the gradebook.
- Teachers can add new grade columns to the Left or Right under Settings on the General Settings tab.
- The student selection is preserved when reports are generated.
- Teachers can change the color of default categories even if they are not allowed to edit the weights.
- Progress Report dates have been included in the file name so that PlusPortals can recognize multiple reports.
- Contact details no longer display in gradebooks when Show Contact Details isn’t selected in the Gradebook Management site.
- Seating chart names that include an apostrophe can be saved.
- Resolved issues with lunch counts sent using Firefox.
- Teacher names are included in progress reports sent from PlusPortal to Edline.
- Resolved spacing issues when copying narratives from Word.